Toronto is one of the most populous Canadian city and capital of Ontario province. Its total population is 2,615,060 thus is known as fifth largest city. This place is famous for its CN Tower on one hand and green spaces, parks, tracks, sports facilities and zoo on other hand. It is known as one of the most important multicultural and cosmopolitan city around the world.
This place is well recognized for its junk food, cocktails, vegetarian festivals and restaurants offering variety of food. The major food festivals are Junk Food Festival which guarantees all kind of snacks, burgers, cakes, sandwiches and many other items. Vegetarian Food Festival is the best place to visit by people who want meat-free dishes. They offer very healthy food with less oil and spices. The stalls are mostly arranged by vendors and locals.
There are many nice restaurants in Toronto to visit. Whether it’s a party or normal lunch most people prefer pizza as it is most communal and economical option. Toronto has one of the best pizza places most known of which are mentioned below:
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
They are famous for specialty in pizza and have restaurants in all cities of Canada. The crowd love their pizza and keeping coming back once they have tried. They offer 40 different toppings of pork, meat balls, mushrooms, olives etc. Their wine option and music is also very interesting.
It is a franchise chain and 20 years old. Although the interior is not very modern, they still hold a specialty and no one can beat them in areas of healthy toppings. Also gluten free and organic mozzarella options are available.
Its owner and Chef Mr Shahir Massoud who studies from New York’s Institute, firstly opened it in Waterloo and then expanded its branches including three different locations of Toronto. They have eye catching bright atmosphere with red tables and lighting which make it different from other places. All their pizzas are made in-house using natural ingredients with Roman style dough and crisp base.
Toronto’s fried chicken is a must try having crispy batter and perfect spices. The mostly visited places are:
It is located in Queen Street and serves variable dishes including the Pit Master Platter, barbecue chicken; butter milk fried chicken, fries, beef brisket and many more.
A Japanese style restaurant uses fresh Panko and other variation on fried chicken, thighs and wings. Their dips of mayo and sweet chili sauce are also very tasty.
The White Brick Kitchen
This is owned by a family who cooks delicious fried chicken. Their special dish is Butter milk Fried Half Chicken which is soaked in butter milk for 12 hours before being coated and served with sweet hot sauce.
Downtown Toronto is the major business district in Canada. It is surrounded by Bloor Street on north and Lake Ontario on south. There are found many good places to eat in Toronto like:
- George Restaurant which offer best French Canadian cuisines.
- The Elm Tree Restaurant is known for its Italian, Mediterranean and European
- The Keg Steakhouse Bar is famous American steak house.
- Carisma is recognized for Italian food.
- Signs Restaurant is known in the town for Gluten Free Options and variety of International dishes.
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves amazing sea food, soups, steaks and drinks.
- Beer Bistro has variety of wine from all over the world.
The answer to the question about best restaurants in Toronto includes:
Rooster Coffee House
A local spot for coffee lovers, this place is famous for artistic design and relaxing atmosphere, customers can select from menu of top class coffee, fresh juices, sandwiches, ice-creams if weather is pleasant then sitting in open area and enjoying food with round tables and bright red umbrellas feels amazing.
If talking about grilled cheese sandwiches than no other restaurant can compete with this place. Their menu has a large number of international flavors. The most demanded one is “Original “made with double smoked and Balderson cheddar while using sourdough bread.
The Lakeview Restaurant
The view from this restaurant is breath taking and its Apple Pie Milkshake is one of the best in the city well known for massive size, high quality and rich flavor with real apple chunks.
Toronto’s cuisine is a reflection of multicultural diversity. Different ethnic groups in the city pay attention to their specific dishes and try to come up with something special and tempting. Thus the list of nice restaurants in Toronto is unlimited. Once a person enters the city there is number of restaurants having all kind of food items. It is home of fine dining, food vendors, chain restaurants and casual as well as expensive food places. When we talk about Romantic candle light dinners, Toronto offers finest dining. To go on a date any evening or any special occasions all one need is to visit this city. There are many nice restaurants in Toronto for a date which must be reserved and given a try.
- F’amelia: This restaurant is located in Amelia Street famous for its cozy interior, amazing food and wine options at a very affordable rate.
- Splendido: One of the unforgettable place for lovers as their menu changes daily. Famous dish is pasta and butter poached lobster
- Scaramouche: This 30 years old restaurant is highly appreciated and keep impressing visitors and if anyone plans to go there must do booking in advance as its full all the time.
- Canoe: The menu by Chef John Horne is mouth watering, the view is brilliant with open kitchen using local ingredient. Every dish has unique taste which everyone must eat.
- Woodlot. This place is a proof that “simple is best” they cook filling dishes which fresh quality ingredients without overloading them. It is finest dining yet simple.
- Cluny Bistro & Boulangerie: They took French food to a new level by giving variations whether we are talking about caramelized onion soup or French cookie all are yummiest.
So we can say that nice restaurants in Toronto are unlimited. All it depends on your budget and taste to order from menu.